RSS

Rare Littlest Pet Shop High Values

September 19

I bought a bag full of Littlest Pet shop animals at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago for a couple of bucks. Just for kicks and because I think I actually have free time in my life, I thought maybe, just maybe I should do some research and see if any of them were valuable.  As I’m learning every week, toys from when I was little, and now even from when my daughter was little, are worth more than you might think.  Collecting takes on a life of its own and there have to be relatively grown-up people out there who actually decide to pay more than anyone should for a small plastic pet.

So I started going through them, one buy one, searching for terms like “Littlest Pet Shop Rare Dog.”  I kept inserting different animals but keeping the “rare” part and looking at the Completed Listings from Highest to Lowest Price.  The most predominant “rare dog” was in fact the Collie pictured above and below, the above being the one I have in my posession and found in the $2 bag I bought the other week.  Yes, it has some scratches and no, it doesn’t have the collar, but nor do others of the same that were also sold.  Whether on its own or paired with other “rares,” you’re looking at some quality cash for a toy tossed in with other less worthy of the same variety:

As you can see, the Dachshund with the green eyes and the yellow cat with blue eyes, also fetch pretty pennies.

With further research, I found I also had these:

Which go for these prices:

That’s over 80 dollars for 6 pieces.  Good thing I didn’t sell them as a lot, which was my initial plan.

And, of course, I had to go through my daughter’s stash that I had kept to see if any matched up with the rarities I was coming up with in my research.  No such luck, really.  But I did come across several on ebay that are worth the big bucks.  So go through your children’s collections or buy them at garage sales and see if you, too, can multiply your profits.

\

Posted by on September 19, 2012 in Bargain-Hunting, eBay, Toys

53 Comments

Tags: , , , , , ,

53 responses to “Rare Littlest Pet Shop High Values

1. Sarah

November 11, 2012 at 11:49 am

Wow. You are lucky! Are they all sold? If so to bad, but if you still have that collie or any other, please contact me back. I’ve been looking for those my whole life!

2. Alisha

January 22, 2014 at 8:43 am

I Am New At This. Where Can I Show Pictures Of My Littlest Pet Shop Animals To Find Out How Much They Are Worth?

3. Abigail

February 5, 2014 at 9:11 am

OMG i love your collies and dachshunds and short haired cats and if you are selling them I would be happy to buy any lps u have.

4. scott

February 12, 2014 at 10:30 am

Your post from January 22nd mentions a we bite but I don;t see the name of the website. Can you post it?

5. MissBargainHuntress

February 12, 2014 at 11:24 am

My post today, 2/12/14, mentions the website to find the model numbers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony_characters_animated_in_the_2000s
    And you can use Ebay or Amazon to find their values. 🙂

6. Robin

July 3, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I am trying to sell my collection of 600+ yet at $2 each, they are selling VERY SLOWLY, but I add as many as I sell each week but seems like same older man buys the new stock ones, not leaving much for mostly girls collectors-I think it might be time to separate out the HIGHER PRICED ONES BUT again, am in off season Florida, where at $2 each, selling at a snail’s pace-I tried whole collection on CL and was told off-thanks-I do NOT sell on ebay at all-nor do I want to start-thanks

7. MissBargainHuntress

August 11, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Try selling them on Amazon. You’ll get higher prices and when shipping for $2, you’ll get a cut of the shipping cost or it can go to Amazon’s commission and you make all the profit.

8. sandy kern

August 19, 2014 at 9:33 am

Why do some on the pets have holes in the bottom of their feet and others do not have them???Thanks

9. MissBargainHuntress

August 24, 2014 at 9:19 am

They might be missing the little paw print magnet that is usually on the bottom of their feet.

10. Lpsawesomeness

October 22, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Wow, some of these prices ip are actually cheap for which you can get them now! I’m veer surprised actually!

11. Chris

December 27, 2014 at 7:07 pm

my daughter has thousands of little pet shops I am having a hard time determining which one is which I have been buying them for her for years is there a book I can get to determine which one is worth money and which one is just a normal one? Thanks

12. MissBargainHuntress

December 29, 2014 at 8:53 am

Both this website under her archive for 2009: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html
    And this website: http://ronsrescuedtreasures.com/LITTLEST-PET-SHOP-C212843.aspx?sid=19392

can help you identify the #’s of each pet. You can then google shop or use eBay with the tag words “Littlest Pet Shop” and the number to see what each pet is selling for or has sold for. The prices fluctuate as pets become more rare, etc. You will always sell them for more on Amazon where you can make at least $7 net after shipping and fees per pet and as much as $35 or possibly more for the rarer pets. Hope that helps!

13. Arianna

January 19, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I have a sparkly rare bunny LPS and I do not know how much it is worth.how much Is it worth do you know?

14. MissBargainHuntress

February 10, 2015 at 8:26 am

Send me a pic of it to MissBargainHuntress@gmail.com and I can let you know. Thanks 🙂

15. jane

March 2, 2015 at 4:29 pm

your site is very helpful. i have a bunch of lps, but it seems some do not have the number on the bottom. rather they say c-0318 or a1316. also, i have a few that have the same number but are different animals. is this normal?

16. MissBargainHuntress

March 4, 2015 at 3:40 pm

The number that references each pet is not found on the bottom of each pet – I’m not sure if I’ve seen any with a number like that – they may have had that during a certain year or they may be a different version. You’re welcome to email me a pic to MissBargainHuntress@gmail.com and I can better decipher the numbers. Meanwhile – find the number for your pets by googling the type of pet and color and “Littlest Pet Shop” and clicking on similar Images or go to: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50 and scroll about midway down to see the lists of animals on the right sidebar under November & December 2009.

17. Cindy

March 14, 2015 at 9:17 pm

I saw in a previous post that you said you could net $7 for pets and up to $35 for rare onesby selling them on Amazon. When I went to your Amazon shop I saw that you had some pets for only a few dollars. I just wondered a few things:
    how quick is your turn around on pets?
    do you buy from individuals?
    is it worth it to try and sell as an individual if I have my daughters collection that she is ready to let go of?

I was about to garage sale them and googled for price points and saw some crazy prices for play sets I have and somehow found your site. I would very much appreciate your input. Thank you!
    Cindy

18. MissBargainHuntress

March 17, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Some pets are priced at a few dollars, but Amazon requires shipping from the buyer of around $4.99. You can ship them for $2, so you get the extra $3. But take into account Amazon’s commission which they will show you when you list. I usually sell 3-7 pets a week, some weeks can be busier than others. I do buy from individuals and when I find them at garage sales and thrift stores. I would say it’s totally worth it to try and sell as an individual. Google the pet and color to try and get their “#” as each one has a specific number, and you can also use the following website under the sidebar for November & December of 2009 to help you identify: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com

19. SueIam

April 12, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I have 14complete sets of different 1992 LPS , and a few 1993.. going to sell all

20. MissBargainHuntress

April 13, 2015 at 1:40 pm

You’re welcome to email me with photos and prices at MissBargainHuntress.com. Thanks 🙂

21. Kim W

April 24, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I was recently given over 300 LPS pets as well as quite a few habitats and extras to sell for my charity. I want to sell them individually but am very much unsure of where to start as I know nothing about them. Where would you suggest for someone as clueless as I to start?

22. MissBargainHuntress

April 25, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I use: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com and go to her right sidebar under 2009 November and December where she has most pets listed with their #’s. You can also just google “littlest pet shop” with the type of pet, color, sometimes eye color, etc. to find the number for each. Then you can list each with its specific number which is important as that is how collector’s locate the exact pets they’re looking for. I currently sell mine on Amazon as they sell quite quickly and for more than they do on other sites, I’ve found. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

23. shannon

May 8, 2015 at 8:22 pm

My daughter would like to sell her pet shops but after checking things out, some have more value than others. I don’t have their names or from which collection they are from. Can you help me where to go and find out what the value should be to sell them. Thanks Shannon

24. MissBargainHuntress

May 10, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Either use Google Images by searching for “littlest Pet Shop” plus the type of pet, “Cat,” “dog,” and type of animal “Long Hair,” “Boxer,” Etc., and you can even add eye color to get the number of the animal. Then you can reference Amazon and Ebay for prices by putting in “littlest pet shop” and the number. Amazon you will get higher prices/values. You can also use: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com and go down the right sidebar to “2009” and “November” & “December” to get images of every type of animals different versions with numbers. Hope that helps!

25. Theresa

May 16, 2015 at 6:07 pm

I have some with numbers but they don’t match the numbers of the animals you show them being. Were the same animal produced using different numbers. For example I have the alligator/croc with blue eyes, dark green back and yellowish belly but the number on foot says 92401 but sites say this is #987?

also where could I just sell a lot of all my animals (64) at? Is my only option individually on amazon or ebay?

26. Theresa

May 16, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Also I notice you don’t have accessories with any of your animals……………..I have all the accessories does that increase the value any?

27. MissBargainHuntress

May 17, 2015 at 11:03 am

It can, but usually on Amazon they are listed without accessories. If selling on other websites or if you can find the one with accessories to list under on Amazon, you can likely ask a higher price.

28. MissBargainHuntress

May 17, 2015 at 11:05 am

The number on the animal is not the number used to identify it. #987 would be the number that buyers would look for. You can also try selling them on craigslist, bonanza, ecrater, and any number of other selling sites, but Amazon and Ebay have the largest audience. If you’d like to send a photo and an offer price to MissBargainHuntress@gmail.com, I’d be interested in taking a look 🙂

29. Kateland benafield

July 18, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Hello! I have had my own littlest pet shops since I was a little girl! And I have a lot of the ones up in that list and I had no idea they were so valuable! I seriously need to find them a home were I can know they will be safe 🙂 please contact me anyone if your interested!!

30. MissBargainHuntress

July 21, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I’m always interested in LPS lots! Feel free to send a photo and what you hope to get for them to MissBargainHuntress@gmail.com

31. abby lamke

July 22, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I have the great Dane and I am thinking about selling it and I am wondering if I should sell it for this price or less:) ?

32. MissBargainHuntress

July 22, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Always research the current price for your particular Dane and I would sell just a bit under the lowest price 🙂

33. Awesome Black Wolf

August 31, 2015 at 9:51 am

Are there any left

34. MissBargainHuntress

August 31, 2015 at 3:19 pm

You can find my Littlest Pet Shop animals in my Amazon store by clicking here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&seller=A2XUOUCTO9T4W6
    And search for “Littlest Pet Shop”

35. Teresa

November 12, 2015 at 7:08 am

How do I find out if they are rare? or what price I should list them at?

36. MissBargainHuntress

November 16, 2015 at 8:41 am

Go here: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html Sidebar links November & December 2009 to find the # for your pets and then google “Littlest Pet Shop” and that number and hit Images or Shopping to find out what they are currently selling for. You can also research Amazon, Ebay, etc.

37. Lori

December 22, 2015 at 3:48 pm

I have quite a few of these expensive ones including the Collie. It’s taking forever to even find their number. Is there a book you can buy to be able to identify them? I’m looking to sell them all.
    Thanks!!

38. Wendy Sorrels

December 29, 2015 at 5:40 am

Hello, I am grateful to find you and that you seem to be pretty good at answering people with questions. I am new to trying to figure out the value of some of my children’s old toys. I have many LPS and would like to know some of their values so that I may be able to possibly use some funds from selling them to take care of my daughter’s medical bills. You seem to be very knowledgeable about them and I just don’t know where to turn. I’ve been trying to look online as you suggested but am not finding the value of many of them.

39. MissBargainHuntress

January 3, 2016 at 10:06 am

Go to Nicole’s Littlest Pet Shop here: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html and on the sidebar scroll down to November and December of 2009 where they have most older animals listed. Ron’s Rescued Treasures also may help: http://ronsrescuedtreasures.com/LITTLEST-PET-SHOP-C212843.aspx?sid=19392 You can also google the animal and color and click “Image” to find a match. Once you have the specific number for a pet, you can use eBay or Amazon to see what they have sold for in the past and what they are currently selling for. Hope that helps!

40. MissBargainHuntress

January 3, 2016 at 10:34 am

Go to Nicole’s Littlest Pet Shop here: http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html and on the sidebar scroll down to November and December of 2009 where they have most older animals listed. Ron’s Rescued Treasures also may help: http://ronsrescuedtreasures.com/LITTLEST-PET-SHOP-C212843.aspx?sid=19392 You can also google the animal and color and click “Image” to find a match. Once you have the specific number for a pet, you can use eBay or Amazon to see what they have sold for in the past and what they are currently selling for. If you’d like to sell in bulk you can email a photo and what you’d like to get for them to MissBargainHuntress@gmail.com. Hope that helps!

41. Lofty koala

January 3, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Hi there. I have been given over 100 to sell for my niece. However not all of them have “lps” stamped on them. Do they have to have this stamp to be genuine?
    Interesting blog by the way.

42. MissBargainHuntress

January 4, 2016 at 12:43 pm

In my experience they do not have to be stamped “LPS” to be genuine, though there are a lot of fakes out there. If there are any you are questioning, you can email a photo to me at MissBargainHuntress@gmail.com. Also check http://nicole-mysite.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html or http://ronsrescuedtreasures.com/LITTLEST-PET-SHOP-C212843.aspx?sid=19392 to help with identification.

43. Hannes

February 10, 2016 at 3:07 am

Hallo Missy my problem is, mostly of them found in used condition. For example I have the LPS #1 MIB to find a price for this kind of condition is nearly impossible.

44. MissBargainHuntress

February 11, 2016 at 7:49 am

They can be in used condition and still be desirable by buyers. If there are any dents or bites or pieces missing or heavy ink marks, they are probably not sellable. You can sometimes remove marks with benzoyl peroxide. Or some marks can easily be washed away with a rough sponge or scouring pad.

45. AnniChu

February 7, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Wow! I actually have some of these pets from when I was little! I know I at least have the collie and the cat.

46. Lydia Pérez

April 24, 2017 at 9:47 am

Hello i found a bag of these LPS there so cute but how would i know if there real or fake or who’s interested in them. There made in china an have c-an numbers there made in 2007

47. MissBargainHuntress

May 10, 2017 at 11:48 am

Using the sidebar of this website with the link “2009” is helpful in identifying your pets, their number, and then you can further Google their values.

48. Catherine

July 27, 2017 at 5:19 am

Hello I have the same problem only I have over 2000 littlest pet shops I just got for free I have over 15 of those dogs and many many more that are rare I have no idea what to ask for the lot because I deffenetly want to sell them but like I have no clue what their worth!!!