“Sacrart” Angels & Holy Figures from Goebel/Hummel

December 21

Because we are quickly approaching Christmas Day, it is the perfect time to discuss ‘Sacrart’ figures, or those with the Goebel trademark for the Sacral Art item family (madonnas, holy water fountains, etc.).  Here’s where I give you a little hint of how to find Goebel/Hummel items using a secret codeword.  You see, not many people know that those little figures with the “Sacrart” paper label are actually made by Goebel, the same people who make Hummels.  So if you enjoy collecting Hummels or Goebels, you will likely enjoy collecting Sacrart, like I do, and you can potentially find those same pieces for far less money.

Just typing “Sacrart” into ebay at the time of this writing, I’m given 36 results from $2 to $699.  So clearly, some Sellers know what they have and some don’t.  Or some just don’t really want the pieces and some are having a hard time parting with them.  Or some don’t care about making money and some do.  There could be any number of reasons of why you sell something.

My personal favorite are the little white angels of which I have many. Most do not have the “Sacrart” paper label which either may have washed away at some point or maybe they were sold under the Goebel name which is indelibly printed in blue on their bottoms.  Recently I found a set of gold ones at a garage sale, mixed in with a box of old ornaments.  You can see from the front that they look very similar to the same ones in white:

But while the white angels have no paper labels and are only stamped “Goebel,” the gold ones clearly retain the Sacrart logos:

Additionally, I have another piece, an angel overlooking a cradle with a candle holder which also retains its label:

So when you see the paper “Sacrart” label, don’t mistake it for a potential Japanese piece (because most Japanese pieces are marked with paper labels).  Take a look at the bottom and see if it has “Goebel” in blue or a “V” with a bee which is the Hummel mark.  You may have found a little treasure in the rough.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to ““Sacrart” Angels & Holy Figures from Goebel/Hummel

1. Debbie

January 9, 2013 at 9:05 am

I have a unique piece I would like to ask you about. This looks identical to your piece that you show of the white angel praying over the baby in the cradle, except that there is not a candle holder attached. There is no breakage where there was supposed to be one attached. It is smooth and shiny and complete. There are no stickers and the bottom says and is spelled out “western gemany” and then on the side part of it is worn off but it looks like it says sacrart. The letters shown is part of the C, R, A, and part of an R. This is all printed under the angel, not the cradle. But like I said, my piece is identical to yours in the picture. It is amazing. I can send you a picture if you would like.

2. MissBargainHuntress

January 9, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I’m sure it is a Sacrart piece – like Goebel/Hummels there were molds that were made with and without candleholders. One just sold with the candleholder on Ebay for $28.99 and one without for $23.80. That is likely the value range for your and my piece. Thanks for emailing!

3. Pat

March 28, 2013 at 10:02 am

I have a statue of the blessed mother.
    A sticker Sacrart Stamped on bottom HM 58 2/0.
    Looking for a value on thos.

4. MissBargainHuntress

April 3, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Right now that model has been selling from between $15 & $30 whether all white or painted. I think that’s low and it could go for more if you find the right buyer.

5. FINO

November 27, 2013 at 2:37 pm

is there any listings for “Sacrart” figurines? mine is a bisque white figurine of a little winged angel, seated next to the baby jesus in his cradle, no taller than 3 inches. i have not run into this one yet, it is hummel stamped and the number is hx 314 d. (as far as i can make out)
    thanks for any help.

6. MissBargainHuntress

November 27, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I have a similar figure, as well. If you go to Google or Etsy or Ebay and type in “Sacrart” you will see many similar figures. The type of marking on the bottom will tell you its age when you match it with a Hummel/Goebel/Sacrart marking reference. Depending on its age, size, condition, etc., you can get a good idea of it’s worth. They usually sell from $5-$25 each.

7. Chris

July 25, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I have a 13 piece nativity set incised HX48 which I have been told is Sacrart – Are you familiar with these or do you know of any resources for information on them. Thank you

8. MissBargainHuntress

August 11, 2014 at 11:54 am

You’re welcome to send me a photo at and I could research the set for you. I would use Google to search for “Sacrart Nativity” and look at “Images” to see if you find anything similar and then click on photos for more information. I see a few of them when I do the same. Hope that helps!

9. Kirstin Cender

December 22, 2014 at 5:06 am

I have a priest could you advise me of the age or a little about the piece. Is the gold on the robe, hat, cross in hand real gold. Can send pic if needed

10. Holly Brewster

February 24, 2015 at 5:03 pm

I have a Sacrart older girl angel candleholder. She is kneeling and sitting on her back legs. Her head is turned to the side. She is holding a pot which is the candleholder. Whew! My question is: was she a prototype or sample? … because I can’t find her anywhere on the internet! Thanks.

11. MissBargainHuntress

March 4, 2015 at 3:42 pm

There are quite a few Sacrart with the little candleholder pot, as there are in similar figurines made by Goebel and Hummel. At this time, I don’t think there are enough Sacrart examples on the internet to find every one, but you may have one that is more rare. Every now and then check by Googling a few short descriptive words of your piece to see if she has shown up.

12. MissBargainHuntress

March 4, 2015 at 3:45 pm

You’re welcome to send a photo to